Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Vacation on Kauai

The entire Steed family spent a week in Kauai and we had a total blast! The boys had so much fun hanging out with their cousins. We wish we were still there. Hayden keeps saying he's sad because he misses Hawaii!

We went on a helicopter ride with Jeff, Natalie and Sydney. I was going to post some pictures of Hayden and Mike in the helicopter, but Hayden had to go potty after we got into the air, so he looks really focused in all of the photos! The tour was awesome, Kauai is so incredible! Thanks Bob and Peggy!

Andy's favorite person in the world is his "pa-pa" Bob. Throughout the week, anytime Andy would hear or see his grandpa he would scream pa-pa pa-pa!! and would shake with excitement! He wouldn't even let us hold him during family pictures, he wanted pa pa.


Andy and mom. (Pa pa wasn't around)

Hayden and his cousin Sydney. Hayden loved this beach, he was obsessed with the big waves. I told him to be careful and not get too close to the water because the waves will pull you into the ocean. He started to get really worried and started yelling at the kids surfing, "It's not safe kids! Come back! It's dangerous!"

Andy was a huge fan of the beach.

Hayden on the lookout for surfers in danger.

Hayden thought this was pretty funny for a minute, then freaked out a little.

We went to a nice dinner without the kids. (We love you kids, but it was so nice eating a nice meal without having to count to 5 in a threatening tone several times)

Mike, myself, Matt, Nicole, Krista, Harv and Lara at the Bull Shed Restaurant. (Or the putting green/shuffle board) We had a lot of fun.

Hayden with the girls. Aubrey, Sydney and Elise.

10 comments:

Danielle said...

JEALOUS!!! Looks like you had a blast!!

Nicole said...

We like your new post. I don't know why I was standing so wierd in the group picture of us at dinner! Seriously, what was I doing?!?!?! I love the picture of Hayden and Sydney on the beach, it makes me excited for our family pictures. I also really like your new background!

Nathan and Lara said...

Once again I have some proof that I do indeed have the cutest nephews and neices in the world. The picture of Hayden with his body in the sand is hilarious, and the one with Andy playing in the sand with his hat on is so cute. I also liked the one with "Pa-pa." I miss hearing Andy talk!

spenceandcass said...

I love posts like this! It had me laughing all the way through. Did Pa Pa Bob take the whole family to Hawaii? I want him to be my Pa Pa too! The pictures look great.
AND HEY! I AM SERIOUS WHEN I SAY THAT I WANT TO GET THE KIDS TOGETHER! I WILL BE CALLING YOU SOON!

Mike and Audrey said...

Hey Cass, I posted on your blog a couple days ago that I want to get the kids together next week if you can. Let me know. And yes, Bob was brave enough to take the whole family to Hawaii. A little crazy, but we loved it!!

heidi said...

Great pics! How fun to get to go with the whole family! All your nieces and nephews are so cute! I like the pic with Hayden and sidney too! Was Hayden buried all the way in the sand? Your boys are so adorable! Glad you had a good trip!

spenceandcass said...

Hey, I'm kind of bummed about the weather lately! Ava keeps asking "when is Hayden coming over?" When we go to the park next week, make sure Hayden brings his sword! Ava is ready for a sword fight!

♥қ.®.Í.ś.‡.α♥ said...

Mike && Audrey... Not sure who did the Hawaii blog part... but before Jeff's family reads it... 'Sidney' is spelt Sydney... Haha. Sorry I am a grammar freak so please excuse me!! Otherwise it was a wonnnnnnderful blog (:

Mike and Audrey said...

Nice catch Krista! :)

♥қ.®.Í.ś.‡.α♥ said...

Haha. Yes thank you. Hold your applause!! Just kidding. But seriously I think I have OCD with Grammar...