Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Birds and the Bees


An Interview with Harry the Tarantula



I picked out this book from the library thinking Hayden would love a spider book! Not so much. When reading to Hayden before bedtime, Mike about died when he started reading this page:

(The spider is being interviewed by another bug)
Q:What do you do that you have to be quick about, if you don't mind my asking?

A: I have to transfer my web sack of sperm to her. I must be very careful and tap her in all the right places. Tapping puts her in a romantic mood. Then I transfer my sack, and I'm out of there in a flash. So far, so good. I can thank my lucky stars.

Mike started laughing hysterically! Hayden was a little confused! Seriously...come on people! This book is for kids!
If anyone needs to have "The" talk, let me know, I'll send this book right over.

8 comments:

Nathan and Lara said...

Oh my gosh...that is too great. I love that story. I guess Hayden got the talk a little early then huh? I guess you can't judge a book by its cover.

spenceandcass said...

LOL! That is sooo funny!

heidi said...

I love it! I know what is going to be at the top of my shopping list! I was telling Justin about this, and he thought it was pretty funny too! Next time we see you I will have to tell you about our talk with Jake about this subject.

Nicole said...

That is hilarious. I can't believe that book got published!

Danielle said...

Tap tap tap...

M. Drape said...

bah ha ha hua ha. I can just picture Mike reading that. Funny stuff.

Val and Shauna Steed said...

Hilarious story. That book has to be right up there with "Everybody Poops", a classic for every family. Maybe it could be Peggy's Christmas book this year! You'll have to suggest it!

T.A.T.I Crew said...

What the...!?

Crazy.